Sep 11, 2018
In which we talk about running horror games. Our perspectives on what it takes to make a really good horror game, some useful tools and tips, and things to watch out for.
- Horror Scenes vs Horror Campaigns
- Laying the Groundwork / Player Buy-In
- What *is* a "Horror Game"?
- Be Up-Front, or Count on Players to Pick Up Your Cues
- Table Atmosphere: Focus, Lighting, Ambience, Audio
- The Uncanny vs. The "Powerful"
- Just a Bit "Off"
- Investigation & Mystery: More Questions Than Answers
- To D&D or Not to D&D: That Is The Question (or, "Choose the Right System For Your Group")
- Description: Technique, Tone, and Delivery