Aug 4, 2019
In which we talk about various approaches to planning coherent and successful rpg campaigns.
- Modules and Railroading
- The improv/spontaneous/"ideas-in-a-cloud" approach
- Event-based approaches; the campaign "timeline"
- Site/Setting-based approaches; here's what's going on - get involved where you like
- Having PCs...
Dec 31, 2018
Rucht & I are both really excited about our next show topic!...
...unfortunately, we haven't been able to find the time to record and release it. This season has been one unexpected reschedule after another. Life, right?
Anyway, Ep 6 will come when we can find the time. Maybe we can even squeeze in two this next...
Sep 11, 2018
In which we talk about running horror games. Our perspectives on what it takes to make a really good horror game, some useful tools and tips, and things to watch out for.
- Horror Scenes vs Horror Campaigns
- Laying the Groundwork / Player Buy-In
- What *is* a "Horror Game"?
- Be Up-Front, or Count on Players to Pick...
May 26, 2018
In which we talk about encouraging passive, unengaged, or otherwise minimal-effort gamers to get a little deeper into character, narrative, and roleplaying. Plus the usual tangents and related bits.
- The 'problem' and what it means
- Passive players
- Pushing the player's buttons
- Setting the expectations
Feb 26, 2018
In which we talk to Keith Baker and Jenn Ellis of Twogether Studios about Illimat - the modern classic card game they dreamed up with the Decemberists.
Editor's Note: Technical issues resulted in a somewhat garbled audio quality. We attempted to troubleshoot this for some time, but time was short and we'd already...